Prag offers a range of standard and bespoke Roof Mounted AC Package Units for railway passenger coaches. The KoldformTM R-2500 is used on Indian Railways’ Mainline (LHB) Coaches and is manufactured in accordance with RDSO Specification No. RDSO/PE/SPEC/AC/0061-2005 (Rev. 01). The product is duly approved by RDSO for use on Indian Railways passenger stock.
The KoldformTM R-2840 HVAC Unit was developed in record time for Indian Railways’ prestigious Vande Bharat Express – India’s first self-propelled trainset. It is the first major upgrade in Indian Railways’ passenger coach air-conditioning in over a decade.
Some salient features include:
- Superior Heat Exchangers made with Copper Fins and Copper Tubes
- Enhanced Cooling Capacity – 8.0 TR (28.4 kW) based on 50°C ambient
- Flame-Retardant Leak-proof bellows made with meta-aramid fabric
- In-built smoke detectors at incoming fresh air as well as return air inlets
- Built-in emergency inverter with transformer activating emergency blower